Sunday, April 3, 2022

Ava n°01Ar20*1

I will tell you a story; but not just any story, a story that had changed the course of my life. After a sleep that had seemed to be more than a century, this is to tell you that I had no longer any notion of the time, nor of what date we were then. I found myself sitting on the edge of this bed which was not mine, I couldn't have explained it to you at that time, besides who could I talk to? it seemed to me to have been alone, no sign of a living soul around me, only the sound of a television screen in the background ... accompanied by a feeling of having suffered something ... intense headache had prevented me from thinking deeply. Flashes had occurred from time to time as if to try to give me clues about my identity. I had observed this reflection which was me, a woman with short blond hair, black eyes lost in this emotionless face with a body dressed in a silky outfit. A silhouette that I had seen through this massive glass window which overlooked into a stormy sea set with waves that washed up on immense vertiginous rocks on which rested this transparent cell. A glass cell where I had been imprisoned. While trying to get up, I noticed that I no longer felt my arm and that my fingers were guided by an external force. Indeed, my arm was an alloy of iron and flesh dressed in microlights, each movement of my fingers had transferred alpha-coded informations to a reading screen grafted to my retina. I had no control over myself, I was nauseous at the thought of what had happened to my own body. I was definitely detained in this glass prison, but for what reason? I was overcome by fear, doubts, endless questions ... But there had been a goal to this chaos. I had become the first humanoid woman after I suffered a terrible car accident. Scientific research had since created other prototypes much more efficient. 
 
Naïad  

No comments:

Post a Comment